Monday 30 April 2018

Look Wider - Out of Doors

I completed the Out of Doors Octant of the Look Wider in September 2017. Below are the activities I completed to gain this badge:

Phase 1
  • Try a new wide game
    • I organised the wide game on pack holiday in 2014
    • Full details are here
  • Punting
    • As part of the SSAGO Summer Camp at university, we went punting down a river in Oxford
  • Gorge Walking
Phase 2
  • Take part in a SSAGO Rally
    • I was really struggling with ideas for this one until I spotted this suggestion somewhere, having just got back from my first SSAGO Rally
    • I went to Feb-u-rally in Bristol in February 2016. It was absolutely freezing but thoroughly enjoyable - I highly recommend looking into SSAGO if you are heading to a UK university, even if you have never done Guiding or Scouting before
Phase 3
  • Going Away With License
    • I did my Going Away With License in September 2016 but it took me almost a full year to get all the evidence together and signed off!
    • One step closer to starting the Queen's Guide though...


No comments:

Post a Comment