Monday 16 April 2018

Look Wider - Leadership

I completed the Leadership Octant of the Look Wider in October 2017. Below are the various activities I completed in order to gain this badge:

Phase 1
  • Plan and run a meeting
    • I ran a Chinese New Year evening back in 2014
    • Full details can be found here
  • Find out about what kind of leader you are, and how you could improve
    • I took this leadership quiz
    • I then evaluated how much I agreed with the output I was given
  • Organise a trip for a local unit
    • I organised a trip to the fire station at short notice for my Brownies when we were unable to use our usual hall and the other plans had fallen through
Phase 2
  • Take on a leadership role
    • I was House Music Captain in Year 13 at school which involved organising the House Music competition (which included a whole house song!)
    • I also had to do various other tasks around the school, such as lead tours and help at open days
 Phase 3
  • Adult Leader Qualification
    • I completed my adult leader qualification for Brownies in March 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment