Monday 2 April 2018

Look Wider - Creativity

I completed my Creativity Octant back in May 2017. Below are the activites I took part in to get this Octant, hopefully this will help give you some ideas if you are a bit stuck. I managed to do this octant over several years, almost by accident, the only part I really had to plan in was the photo quiz.

Phase 1
  • Learn a new dance
    • I went on a SSAGO Rally in February 2016 and it is a tradition to have a Ceilidh on the Saturday evening
    • A professional band came in and taught those who wanted to, how to do a few different dances
  • Attend a pantomime
    • Every year we take our Brownie unit to see the local pantomime
  •  Photo Quiz
    • I organised a photo quiz around the local area for my Brownie unit
    • They had a series of photos and a map with dots on
    • They had to go to each dot and work out which photo was taken there
    • They then had a question to answer for extra points for each photo
    • Points were also deducted for being late back to the hall (we had a Promise ceremony that night too!)
Phase 2
  • Take an active part in a concert
    • At university, I was in the orchestra and the choir
    • We did 2 large concerts each year which I took part in
    • I was on committee for one year so had a hand in managing the backstage parts of the concerts too
 Phase 3
  • Clarinet Grade 7 
    • I passed my clarinet grade 7 in March 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment