Monday 31 March 2014

Mother's Day cards

27/03/14

This week I couldn't attend Brownies as I was in my school Leavers' Concert. The meeting was run by Snowy Owl and our parent helper as Brown Owl was at the concert too. I thought I would just quickly tell you what they had planned for the evening (although I don't yet know how it went).

First off, one of the leaders of the Beavers who meet in the smaller church hall decided that they were going to have a fire drill during the Cubs meeting because they had noticed that they don't ever take a register or even know how many kids they have! They thought a shock might be the quickest way to make them realise how important it is. They informed us last week so that we were aware it was going to happen. I'm not sure if the Brownies were told that there was no need for them to evacuate or if Snowy decided to use it as our fire drill but I'll be interested to know, firstly, how our girls reacted and, secondly, if it had the desired effect on the Cubs leaders...

The original planned activity for the meeting was Mother's Day cards which Brown Owl had cut out before and given them to Snowy, along with the key to the cupboard. The idea was that the girls could decorate the cards however they wanted to give to their mothers on Mother's Day. We're lucky that we don't have any girls who've lost a mother or anything like that as I can see it could cause all kinds of issues if we did.

I imagine they then played some games if they had time as the girls always ask if they can.

Anyway, things will be back to normal next week; when I'm actually at the meeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment