Monday 28 October 2013

Using up old crafts

Before I start, I would like to apologise for the lack of posts in a while. I have had quite a chaotic few weeks (I've been applying to uni (have had my first offer :D ) and organising a school House Music competition) so I haven't had a chance to sit down and write anything... I will be catching up with the last few meetings this week as I'm not at school and hopefully, I will resume reglar posting next week!

3/10/13

This evening we decided to use up a load of our old crafts as it meant we didn't have to plan too much following pack holiday. We gave the girls 3 crafts they could chose to do and let them go and do the ones they wanted to. The options were design-your-own jigsaws (which were left over from pack holiday), bead geckos (always a favourite) and friendship bracelets.

I was helping out with the bead geckos. I started off with 4 of the quieter girls on my table which was really nice because it meant I could just sit and chat to them. They were all girls who've never made the geckos before (it's quite a popular craft in our unit so most girls can make them!) so I got to practice my explaining which is something I've never been so good at... It went quite well though and they all ended up finishing theirs. One of the girls was very independent and didn't seem to want to ask me for help but she did in the end and was very grateful for my help. She is a really quiet and I was proud that I had managed to get her involved in the activity. After a while, girls who had been doing other activities started finishing and moving on to other ones which is where the evening got more complicated! As opposed to having 4 girls al at the same stage in making their gecko, I had 10 or so at various stages of making so I was just running around the table trying to help everyone at once! I had numerous geckos shoved under my nose with requests ranging from 'what do I do now?' to 'please finish it for me'! While I sound like I'm complaining about it, I do actually quite enjoy helping several girls at once. If I didn't, I wouldn't be helping at Brownies!

The other activities seemed to go down well but, as you can probably imagine, I didn't really have much time to go and have a look!

It was a chaotic but enjoyable evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment